- For men, age 18 or over
- Must have active Maryland Medicaid or be eligible for medical assistance
- Qualify for ASAM 3.1 level of care. Appropriate referrals will be available for those who need a higher level of care.
We welcome those who:
- Have completed inpatient treatment and need safe, structured and drug-free transitional housing
- Have lost apartment or housing
- Are on parole or probation
- Need to relocate from an unsafe environment
- Need a place to rebound and prepare for independent living
- Need a recovery community for support
- Are on Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT)
Therapy and Treatment:
“We need to go even further: the therapist must strive to create a new therapy for each patient.”
―Irvin D. Yalom
Humble Beginnings Recovery believes in the unique needs of our clients. We use approaches and interventions that are evidenced based to guide us in a variety of interventions that we blend together to fit each client’s needs. At the center of each therapy is trauma-informed care which utilizes an empathetic approach to the people we serve. Therapies included in our approach to groups and individual sessions include interventions from Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Cognitive Behavior Therapy, Modified Dynamic Group Therapy, and Motivational Interviewing
Staff: Our team is owned and operated by professionals who have experience working in the field of substance abuse, trauma, and mental health. We offer on-site peer support specialists who conduct and manage groups, individual support and case management. Our counselors are certified/licensed in addiction counseling through the state of Maryland and trained in Trauma-Informed Care and Cultural Competency. We are a community business with both owners living and working in the area of our recovery residence and who are actively engaged in the day-to-day operations.